When you are trying to build a brand and organic Search Engine Optimization rankings in local markets, you have to develop content that is targeted to those markets and use keywords related to those markets. All of the images, words, sounds, and videos should resonate with your target consumers and their everyday life. This requires authentic efforts. Gone are the days that you can use keyword stuffing to trick the bots.
If you are serious about your customers and their experiences with your company in every market, we recommend that you build a custom website for every market. Those websites and the articles you write can easily be interconnected to form one network. WordPress Multisite is a feature that allows us to develop unique websites for your company on different domains for every market with just one WordPress install.
The following article explains how you can manage multiple websites and grow your local SEO with WordPress Multisite, and what companies should use it.
WordPress Multisite is a network of websites that can be managed under just one installation of WordPress and with one admin dashboard.
The WordPress Multisite Benefits:
- A Super Admin Role. When you are using multisite, you will become a new type of admin that can manage all of the websites under one dashboard. This allows you to quickly update content and post new articles. If you are hiring outside resources to manage your content updates, this will help save time. If you have internal resources to manage these efforts, they can use the time saved for other, more fruitful things.
- Manage Plugins and Themes for Each Site and Network Wide. Plugins and themes can be enabled for all of the sites on your network or for specific sites only. This allows you to roll-out special offers, test new UX/UI designs, and technology features in specific markets where customer demand supports the investments.
- Easy to Use Subdomains and Subdirectories. Each site in the WordPress Multisite will have its own subdomain or subdirectory within a network. This makes it easy to identify websites and their network. This also cuts down on website hosting costs.
WordPress Multisite is Perfect for:
If any of these examples match your goals for managing your website and growing your local organic (SEO) traffic, contact Media Made Fresh today to get started on your WordPress Multisite:
- You Want to Manage a Network of Similar Sites. For companies that want to make multiple websites focused on similar topics that interlink with each other, WordPress Multisite is the way to go. You can cross-promote all the sites in an easier way.
- You Want to Manage a Small to Medium Number of Websites. If you are interested in having ~2-50, depending on theme and plugin complexity, WordPress multisite would be a good solution for you. You will be able to manage all the themes and plugins easily and from one login, you can easily make posts and new pages.
- You Want to Create Different Versions of the Same Website. If you like to run have different versions of your website for different languages, A/B split tests, seasons in your business, special events, campaigns, etc., WordPress multisite would be a good solution for you. The different languages would have a URL like en.example.com and rus.example.com.
- You Want to Let Other People Create Websites. If you own a company that is franchised and you want to allow your local markets to create their own websites, or maybe you have a market or media company that allows people to post their products and content, WordPress multisite could be good for you.
- You Want to Decrease Webhosting Costs. If you have multiple websites and want to make more, you can decrease your web hosting costs by moving all of your websites to WordPress multisite.
WordPress Multisite is Terrible for:
If any of these examples match your goals, we are happy to recommend alternative technology solutions for your company:
- You Only Have a Few Websites. Don’t just buy something to buy it. If you only have a few websites to manage, keep it simple superstar. If you have outgrown a few and need to simplify your life or know you will grow down the road, this is the only time you should consider WordPress multisite for your company.
- You Have an Enormous Number of Websites, Plugins, and Themes to Manage. If your sites have a lot of plugins to manage, complex themes, and the content that is posted is not optimized for page speed performance, WordPress multisite may not be the right fit for you.
- For Extremely Different Websites. If your websites have completely unrelated content to each other, WordPress multisite may not be a good fit for you. Remember, these sites help with local Search Engine Optimization by combining the power of all of the content under the same banner. If every page has a vastly different SEO strategy, it would not benefit the sites to be included in a WordPress multisite.
- You Can’t Afford to Support It. If you are someone that runs your website on a shoestring budget, with a cheap web host that has low bandwidth, hoping you will make it big, WordPress multisite is not for you. A network of websites requires resources and if you are just getting started, you don’t want to exhaust them on hosting expenses before you need it.
Get WordPress Multisite Made Fresh for Your Company
If you have questions about using WordPress multisite or want to hire Media Made Fresh for WordPress multisite website design and local SEO strategy, call (904) 595-7072 to schedule a consultation.